Monday, April 7, 2008

...Talking Politics

I'm not very political. I don't even like keeping up with campaigns because they always overpower the actual message and issues with propaganda, libel, slander, and a television day full of ads of what that person did or did not do for whatever reason to push the vote on their sides.
I used to claim democrat. I'm still registered as one, but now I don't even pick a side..not even independent. I just go with who seems to make the most sense, and who also has what it takes to fix this fucked up ass country that we live in and that many are trying to get into like a crowded night at the club.
Only thing so far that has caught my eye during this whole Presidental race isn't that there's a black man, or a woman running...it was just Obama's speech "A More Perfect Union" while he was here in Philly.He broke it all down and talked to the world like regular adults...He didn't try to cover anything up or swing some words around so you can decipher it how you want and make up 15 meanings that aren't even close...All he wants is a better America, and if there's anyone that doesn't want that...shouldn't live here.
So take it how you want it, but I believe he truly is one smart man that could possibly do some great things - but only if given the chance...and even after that only time will tell...After the whole Vote Or Die campaigns, making the giant effort to boost voting in the community and waiting 10 hours in line in New Orleans to vote for the first time and for the whole state of Louisiana to already be handed over to Bush before I and a long ass line behind me even got CLOSE to the voting booth - I kinda swore off the government. This the one and probably only time out of every 4 years you'll ever really witness me talking politics...soak it in & enjoy
-Ashley
To See The Speech, Click Link Below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee