Tuesday, August 26, 2008

...The Rant

I’m tired…
I work hard everyday – just like everyone else
I don’t ask questions, I just do it.
Money, Independence, & Success are my motivations
My motto: ‘Hustle Now To Chill Later…’
…Inspirational - right?
When I explain these things I get acclaim of determination
“You won’t have time for anything,” is all I hear though…
…Didn’t I just state my goals in the beginning?
I’d love to have leisure time – but where would that take me?
An idle mind breeds trouble and idle hands wage war
So am I to be blacklisted for keeping busy?

I’m tired…
I’m human – just like everyone else
I’m imperfect in every way imaginable, but that’s me.
Love, Happiness, & Stability are my motivations
My motto: ‘If It Makes You Happy, It Makes Me Happier…’
…Sounds great - right?
When I say that, a smile that could illuminate the sky appears
“You won’t have time for me,” is all I hear though…
…Didn’t you just say you understood and respected my hustle?
I’d give my last because I thought of you first – but where did that leave us?
An idle heart could turn cold if you let it, and a cold heart can wage wars
So am I to be neglected because I’m driven?

Since I’m not around you bitch, but if I was always there you’d be quick to ask
“What are you doing with your life…?”
I’m not idle or stirring trouble, I’m getting my life in order
…but I’m getting criticized from all corners
What do you want from me?! – You know what…I don’t care
All I know is, I’ll be damned if I’m always at fault
I’m Fucking Focused – deal with it
…Man…I’m just tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee