Wednesday, May 19, 2010

...Favorite Song of The Moment

So I listened to Janelle Monae's album yesterday - I adore it, if you haven't heard it you should.
Anyway my favorite song from it so far is the video below. It hit me as soon as I heard it and made me smile. While reading a review of her album I saw an explanation of the song and that solidified my adoration and my reasoning.

in her lyrics, which ask if her lover is ready to completely trust in the power of their union (“Love is such a novelty/A relic painted masterpiece…An underwater rocket love/Exactly what I’m searching for/If you’re brave enough to go then tell me so…”)

To me, it shows my progression from my last relationship to my current one. I've evolved from the hurt individual to a place of neutrality but uneasy feelings of the future. From there I'm actually coming to a place where I can hope for good things, imagine great future things, and hope he wants and see's the same with me....but that's just me....

Anyway..its a beautiful flip of Clair de Lune by Debussy....Say You'll Go - Janelle Monae
"...our love will sail in this ark, the world could end outside our window. Let's find forever and write our name in fire on each others heart...."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee