Wednesday, February 4, 2009

...Behind This Vest Lies A Heart - Gangstaz Need Luv Too

So I'm having one of my daily worktime text messaging convos, and I received a text from my cousin...[one of those gay ass chain letters everyone sends]...It's a Valentines day one, so for the fuck of it I send it to everyone.

A few answered which then led to my admittance of not even celebrating the 'holiday'. With a bunch of other stuff, I find it to be a load of bullshit.

I'm far from a Scrooge, I just feel if you're gonna show that you love/care for/ adore me...genuinely do it any and everyday we're together - not just February 14th, and the same would be reciprocated.

I'm not saying everyday buy me presents, buy me candy, take me out, buy me flowers and all things pretty....that doesn't mean shit, that's more protocol than anything.

Maybe females have all been brainwashed by unrealistic visions of love - but I always felt it was the sincere small things that build up to great things that mattered.
Things guys put actual THOUGHT into I figured would mean the most, since it shows they really listen to you and pay attention to details....

Make a scavenger hunt leaving all my favorite things at each stop leading to you my Grand Prize, Make me a CD with all the songs that make you think of me, make a picnic with my favorite food, or lets just go to the park and just hang out all day spending quality time getting to know each other all the more better...

It's not the money or shiny things that matter. They are nice I won't lie, but you could get me the unreleased Chanel anything straight off the runway, but if I never see you any other time...the fuck is the point?!
...but whatevz...maybe I'm weird


I just feel, Valentines Day shouldn't be as piped up as it is. It shouldn't even be a marketed holiday. Make me feel loved anytime we're together and Valentines day wouldn't even need to exist.

...And if Valentines day is the only time you get the attention you crave - you aint shit....Remember that
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee