Thursday, May 22, 2008

...Mini Update

Yea, so it's already been established I'm trying to get into a little modeling. My parents and now Grandmom Audrey & probably Ms. Thelma knows too. Grandmom always told me because I'm tall I should do it, now I finally am so that should be cool to her.
Anyway, I went to this audition/fitting I was invited to, and now I'm apart of the company (Axiskeys) and I'm doing my first event May 30th @ Triada (www.triadalounge.com). I'm inviting everyone I know so I'll have a little cushion to chill with in the midst of networking and mingling with the other people at the event. So far the outfits we'll be wearing sound cool. Everything I need for the event will be provided for me, (i.e.: hair & makeup, wardrobe, accessories, even shoes!). There will be a fashion show I believe and then after we just all walk around and socialize & have a good time basically all while getting things done.
This group basically serves as the middle man for models just starting and not sure where to go. We're not tied down to them, but they help book us for things and then once there we work out whatever deal with that client. One of their models is now in the Phillipines with the guy Apple from the Black Eyed Peas, so I guess they're kind of a big deal. Their main goal is to get Philly up there like NY. It's well on its way since NY is getting TOO saturated with everyone trying to be there, handle business there, etc...and alot of people who lived or work in NY are now moving to Philly because of the cost of living, space issues, and comfort, so why not make Philly the next mecca of all things as well. The nightlife scene is starting to take off in a major way, which then leads to more publicity, more people coming to visit and the expansion can continue. We're right at the start of this movement so it can become easy to just catch on to the wave and ride it to the top as long as everyone apart of it works it correctly. I'm hoping I have the confidence to pull this off and able to turn my charm on in full effect and be noticed. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain if done right so I should have no fear. What's the worse that can happen - they say no...big deal - move on to the next and do better.
Let's see how this goes...
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee