Thursday, January 28, 2010

...What He Really Meant To Say...

If I could write a million songs
To show you that my feelings strong - I wouldn’t hesitate
You ain’t gotta designate me to a stringent title
Our living cycle’s too short for boundaries
And too often shit ain’t what we make it out to be
So I don’t want you feeling like I want you bound to me
It’s just that unexplainable part of you that brings something outta me
Or should I say holds my mouth closed tighter than Prince’s
Your smile or how your golden brown skin tone shines and it glistens
…a diamond…
That have knee high children inside mines digging
Priced as expensive as a life, the type of gleam some niggas die for
The type of Queen that I’m tryna provide for
But not in terms of dropping something in your pocket
More like a promise
That we’ll stay climbing
Even when there’s a jagged edge, we always stay solid
To be honest feels like its damn near destiny and I ain’t tryna Run from it like Hollis
Through the process of tryna find one to rock wit
I ran across some zirconias
Artificial, synthetic types
Time’a reveal they ain’t real if you shed the light

I ain’t one to get intimidated
But around you my brain in a different place
Make it hard for a wordsmith to articulate
Sit awake, tryna figure out the reason why you leave me speechless
I’m usually distinguished
Composed, cool and debonair
But I’m moving on a whole other level here
Feels like I’m treading air
Or flying
30,000 feet and rising
Til I’m subconsciously reminded that I ain’t a pilot
Simply put, I wouldn’t try it if I was right minded
Don’t make sense and I can’t describe it
So I write it
Hoping that you get it
And see the sincerity of what I’m saying as I spit it
I sent it from my heart to your ears, hope you listening
And comprehend that whatever needs fulfilling
Nothing I wouldn’t do, I’m Willing and Able
Even though scrambled eggs are fucking disgusting, I’d put in them minutes in the kitchen
To fix em
Plus cheese grits with extra butter, biscuits
And waffles with that strawberry topping shit just for one of your kisses
Hopefully it’s clear I ain’t tryna shaft you…can you dig it?
This ain’t no Pulp Fiction
I ain’t Sam or Tarrantino…naw
But in you I see That Girl that same girl Stevie saw…and if you ain’t her, ya’ll share a striking resemblance
Very Superstitious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee