Saturday, November 12, 2011

...The Way We Were


...last time I went back to Philly to visit, I realized - there's nothing left for me....besides my family of course

Every time I leave the city starting back with me going to New Orleans for school - I lose a person or a purpose to go back.
As the years went on my circle got smaller....Visiting was more fun than staying...

I miss the days of strolling through the hood and knowing everyone...finding fun in doing something there..WANTING to go out cause it was fun...but I don't get that thrill anymore...I lived and breathed that place....now I'm just proud to be from there
I went home in October and only saw one friend and stayed maybe 2 hours.....we're not on the same wavelength anymore....She's still the same nigga chasing hoodrat she was in high school...only difference is she's got a son to protect now.

My most recent best friend I don't even talk to because she resents me for moving away to find work. She would never fully admit it but she would never visit me when I invited her....even offered to pay for it - no budge. When I confronted her about it after she stood me up for my birthday - which we never miss - she had no real excuse....I wanted to go see her while I was home - but pride and knowledge wouldn't allow that....

My sissy doesn't even live in Philly anymore....she's up in the woods of Millersville or East bumblefuck like it, and she's OT working and learning like a muthafucka....so unless I was up for a minute or we caught the same weekend in the city - I wouldn't see her either

All the other niggas I know are either dead or in jail....

I love my city, really hope that God bless it....but I always knew I'd never stay there - I just miss the way we were

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee