Monday, September 21, 2009

...[city love] Straight Outta Philly

Ok so first off...I somehow allowed myself to get sucked into going out every night since Wednesday - but it was ALL good. It all started on a Saturday though when I went to see the performance of MURS and the hometown group WRITTENHOUSE.
They're a phenomenal group that will win you over just by their live show. They don't use a CD with tracks, they crank the beats right on stage for the people. The lead rapper CK doesn't spit that usual "bang bang my gun hang and swang" shit - it's just real unadulterated Hip Hop and we need more stuff like this out in the world. If you've never heard of them check the Main Website
and as a treat...grab they latest mixtape SUNSHINE PHILADELPHIA VOL. 2
I PROMISE you'll love it...it has the Ashley stamp of approval
Don't believe me? ...catch some live footage



One of my fav songs Inna Lite





Indeed check them out...and Philly support ya fellow natives...in this world of crabs tryna pull each other down - somebody's gotta help each other up...

1 comment:

Talk to Meeeeee