Monday, September 21, 2009

...The Impossible Dream

Just random I wrote down while listening to co-workers, Twitter, my brain, and family complain about the state of the country's finance and employment issues


At a young age we were always told "You can be whatever you want to be!"
Go to school, work hard, and you'll always accomplish your dreams
...Happiness is just a hop, skip, and a jump away...
So you follow the protocol to end up depressed anyway
Spent all this time learning something I'll never use
Spending money that I didn't have to supply those tools
All so I can be in debt to a system that won't hire me.
If I do manage to slip through the cracks
One way or another they'll find a reason to fire me
Budget cuts, discipline problem from 5 years ago or I was a half second late
All so they can save face while I can't afford to pay for my place
Now it's back to the drawing board, sleeping on my mother's living room floor,
Rummaging through my things in trash bags 'cause I don't have a room with drawers.
This country should be immaculate, makes me wish I was an immigrant.
If I didn't speak English maybe I could get health benefits
Bitch I'm the one with the Masters Degree & Ph.D
While you hop off the boat right to work without shoes on your feet
I'm the motherfucker that's overqualified, like its a sin for me to wanna survive
Meanwhile niggaz that cant read or spell is out here living well
Now if I hit the streets it be just my luck the cops would grab me on the same day
Now instead of making bread I'm tryna make bail and its like the dumb shit never ends
I got too much respect to become a stripper or a hooker but they stay making money off these men with no women or morals and it hurts...
I shouldn't complain because there's plenty worse off, but I don't want to despise going to work
I just wanna be happy one day, the smile on my face natural and permanent
...unfortunately its not just a hop, skip, and jump away...
They lied

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee