Tuesday, August 25, 2009

...At Your Best You Are Love

8 years ago today we lost a great artist to a fatal plane crash.
Any female would be lying if they didn't try to grow/get hair to swoop it over their eye
You know you tried to rock the boxers with baggy jeans and a sports bra
You WISHED you could tie a regular ass bandanna across your chest and make it fly effortlessly
All her videos I made sure I knew the dances too...probably still know em if I tried
Her void left a space for people like Ciara, Keri Hilson, and even Beyonce make themselves known...
...I remember when I heard she died, I was getting ready to go to church and it scrolled across the TV while my dad was watching MSNBC or CNN...one of those...
Never Forgotten Aaliyah..
...Hope you and Static up there making great music together again...


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee