Sunday, January 4, 2009

...Confessions Of A Commitmentphobe Part 2

The Confessions of a Commitmentphobe

The Battle between The Mind and The Heart

…I like him

I mean REALLY like him…

He even told me that he loved me and could see us getting married in the future

You know what? – I love him too

Wait?! – I love him?!!!

No, stop this madness right the fuck now

You can’t do this! We’ve been down this road one too many times and it never ends pretty.

Besides, if you admit you love him back, then you’ll be trapped for sure.

But he’s a nice guy. So far we’re doing well. We have our problems, but who doesn’t?

I believe this could be the one that sticks around. We get along great, we talk about any and everything, he’s just like me humor-wise, the sex is amazing, and I truly like being around him.

PFFT! Yea bitch for now! Give him another month after you admit your feelings – the beginning stages of psycho male will begin. Give him 6 months and that beast will be alive and well. Marry him? – Then you’ll just be psycho’s trophy piece while he bangs the secretary, his new female mechanic, YOUR hair stylist, and the first lady of the local church – and DARE you to speak of it or leave him because of that!

I can’t believe all men are the same though, that just heightens my paranoia…

Maybe being paranoid isn’t a bad thing. That just means you’re cautious…but right now you’re slipping.

You’re letting everything he says & beautiful imaginary plans for the future sound like gospel and forming him into your heaven on Earth. You need to snap out of it and float your happy ass back down to reality. Being in love clouds your judgment and we’re NOT going down this route without clear precise thoughts and actions. I’m making sure you look out for #1 which is you – not him. I bet you haven’t even though about what you’d have to change just to appease him since that subject probably hasn’t come up yet. You ain’t even noticed that your friends haven’t called in a week and a half and you blew off going to your Big Sister function for him and you don’t miss seeing those girls or your friends for ANYBODY.

That’s not his fault…

No, it’s yours for putting HIM before YOU. You already have a life and so should he. You should compliment each others lives, not change them – and that’s what starts the problems.

But we’re fine with how things are…

Are you really? So far it’s only been one thing & one week, soon it’ll turn into a year or more and all you’ll be left with is him and your job – if he doesn’t make you lose that too

It’s not even that drastic! You just went from being blindly in love to a prisoner in isolation with no means. Ok, I missed the function – he planned a surprise evening for us and after all that, I couldn’t just say no! I’m returning to the meetings this week FYI. You can’t judge this whole relationship on a few slip ups.

A few things become everything. It’s a snowball effect! Have you even been home lately? I think your dog is starving and dehydrated. Keep playing these games with our lives with you’re fucked up judgment and we’ll end up right back where we started: An emotionally drained wreck – all alone


2BContd...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee