Thursday, January 8, 2009

...Standing Still Means Going Backwards

I joined a gym...kinda
My co-worker made a New Year's resolution that she was gonna lose 50lbs (not really but set high goals!).
A new gym just opened in the area and with the membership she got you can bring a guest for free as much as you want...and guess who's going for support :)

I don't even really wanna lose weight, cause I don't want to get all extra skinny - I just want to get toned, be in shape, and have a killer stomach. Maybe I can get myself back to the days when I ran track...that would rule - majorly

It could also help with my resolutions...oh wait, never said what they were:
***get out of my current comfort zone [[always gotta elevate!!]]
***get rid of prospects from '08 [[new year, new outlook, new men]]
***say yes more often [[never know what else I can get myself into if I say yes more often]]
***try to snap out of my 'nigga' phase [[it's gonna be a tough journey being girly & emotional again but I gotta get out of this extreme and find a middle ground]]
***quit smoking [[until I get a new job or maybe for good...we'll see how it goes]]
***continue saving money [[I'm either buying a house within the next yr or moving out of state again when I finish school]]

...that's all I can remember off top, just a bunch of goals to work on.

But anyway, to curb the smoking and release frustration- I can go work out and burn all the extra energy and some calories while I'm at it...sounds good right?

We went yesterday for like an hour n a half, and it was actually really refreshing. Yea it hurt alil while I was doing it and I know I'm sooo out of shape, but I was just proud of myself for being able to complete it without stopping.

We're going again today for 2 hours or so and we're gonna figure out a schedule so we go atleast 2 or 3 times during the week, in between the real world and Sixers games. I'm not allowed to quit or she'll kick my ass

I'm trying really hard to change myself for the better - for MYSELF and no one else. I evaluated myself and made this decision alone. I'm going to continuously give myself goals and work on things until I feel I've made a self-improvement & have accomplished things that helped me make my mark, be a great person & I feel could be proudly noted in my obituary...I know, that's kinda morbid - but it's something to think about.

Seriously...if you died today and someone wrote your obituary, what things do you think they would write? What impact do you think you had on their life that will be missed in your absence? What do you think they'd SAY about you during the service...shit who do you think will even show up?
...stuff to ponder on man

...I'm gonna attempt to stop slacking off at work now...
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee