Wednesday, January 7, 2009

...So I'm At Work Thinking

[My internet ban didn't get lifted, but like everything else I figured out how to do it from my phone and if need be I'll edit it later.]

Anyway, I had a random thought. While being nosey, I noticed one of my associates and her best friend playing but seriously talking of how she has NEVER met her boyfriend, and they've been dating for awhile, gone on trips, celebrated a couple NYE...all that.

I know from my own habits, I keep all things in their respective sections: Friends, Males, and Associates. None of them blend together unless I allow it or it's out of my hands.

Family automatically meets anyone I consider my friend. Males only come home or better yet find out where I live if they're in the friend category or I believe they're worth introducing, but they never meet my friends anytime before that or maybe even after...depends on how I feel or it plays out. Associates aren't important because they're more so "Hi/Bye...see you while I'm out" people so they get nothing.

Now I don't hang with many females but the ones I knew always flaunted they 'catch of the week' everywhere or atleast introduced them. Now it seems boyfriends being mystery men is a common practice? With the trends over the years, it could be very understandable if said female was a victim of fake friends, or an unnecessary break up because of the meddling of outside people and any spectrum of reasons that caused a problem. It could even be an inner thought of it being a jinx to introduce the person until you know for a fact they're someone you want/who will stick around.


My reasoning?....I don't trust anyone - period. I can count on one hand the people I call my friends & the non-family members that REALLY know where I lay my head at night. In order to get that far you gotta get through me and not many survive - so why go through all that trouble if they'll probably be gone by the next month or so? I also dont want people knowing about me and my whereabouts for everyones protection drawn from past experiences. I like to be off the radar as much as possible.

But just a thought, that just got me through my lunch period. Now I unfortunately must return to the site of my employment....
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee