Monday, January 12, 2009

...I Graduated High School Almost 5 Years Ago

......so why at work does it feel like I'm still there?

In an environment full of "adults," why do I feel like the only mature person. It would appear the only thing these people have on me are years and experience. But if this is the behavior rendered from that, they must not of experienced much and those years have been wasted.

What I was always taught is it was ALL about your work: your ethic, how efficiently and quickly you can finish a task, and your consistency in doing so.

Now jobs have morphed into popularity contests with no regard to anyones knowledge, but more so who's ass you can kiss, who has made the most friends and you gain recognition & status by those standards...kinda sorta like high school.

The cool kids would be upper management and back office while everyone else is just dying to join their club....pffft - please.

I don't get a job to make friends. I get a job because I have to. I need to make money, pay bills, make a life for myself and fit into society's mold for how life should go. If I so happen to find people who have similar interests or I can enjoy joking with while on the clock...cool. If I don't...cool, makes me no difference at all. And since this is just a JOB and not my CAREER...it makes it even less of an issue.

What makes a difference to me is being recognized for a job well done, living up to the expectations you place on others, fufilling the goals that were written agreements, and rightfully moving the proper people into higher positions...
Apparently, I've learned none of that goes on in the workplace.

The ones who do the least amount of work, and hardly have a clue about the job they have now but kiss up the most get all the support in the world, but the ones who focus and do their work, learn all they can about their position and execute it with precision everytime but have no desire to have a brown spot on their nose gets overlooked.

I hear some people say that sometimes its needed, but personally nothing is that great I'd lower myself to make you feel superior just because you got some gay ass title you made up.

With my experience with this one current job, it's slowly teaching me even more to not let people get to me...never let them sense they're getting to me - never let em see you sweat. I have a bad problem with my facial expressions which is a dead giveaway, I've gotten better at keeping my mouth shut when I have an attitude though.

By talking to my dad who is my guru to help me calm down he helped me realize, this isn't the last time this is going to come about, and everytime it does I just have to let it roll of my back. Take it as a sign that it wasn't meant for me to have and move on. Notice that the person they're pushing for a position who probably isn't as qualified will get themselves fired for not being able to handle the position and be able to say "I told you so."
To recognize that you won't elevate in this particular place because your destiny is greater than anything this place could ever offer.

I refuse to be this organizations victim - especially when iit isn't what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life. I will not let them stress me out with their petty bullshit when I have enough on my plate. I'll continue to look out for my number one which is ME. What I will take from this place are a few life lessons that I will put into action for the better in my next endeavor.

You won't trip me up that easy. As the years pass shit happens and I'm truly gonna learn from it. I refuse to fail...and I will never, I will never, I will never FALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee