Wednesday, January 14, 2009

...Who's Gonna Be My Best Friend?

Every individual has their own perception of what love is, how it 'should' go, and how it should end. Whether it be extremely fairy tale motivated or a big dark cloud of negativity.

I'm personally not really big on 'love' per say, not in a 'love hater' sense, but because it seems more like a mandatory commercialized thing rather than a genuine feeling. Hallmark and novelty stores make a KILLING of love. People stay throwing it around like trash and candy for manipulation purposes, you can't even decide if you believe them or not. Everyone is an 'expert' on it, but check how many times they've been married and 'in love'....doesn't add up.

Anyway, someone who had the same thought after years of experience was the late great Bernie Mac. Something he said in the Phila. Daily News outweighed every fairytale, ideal, and myth of love I ever heard and gave me the realistic outlook I want and agree with:

"You know, love don't mean nothing. Really. I'm not a fan of love. People fall in and out of love everyday. Let the lights go off and see how much they love you. Don't let anything be on that table at 5 and see how much she loves you. Let that car keep breaking down...and see how much she loves you. I really believe out of 27 years of being with my wife that we went through that transition that we like each other. And I think that's the most important thing. I TRULY like her. She's my friend, you know, and I wouldn't trade her for NOTHING in the world..."


...couldn't of said it any better. To me THAT right there is Love...
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Meeeeee